Dear Supporters of the Heart to Heart Mission,
Our tenth anniversary trip which is our 28th mission to Cabral y Baez Hospital in Santiago, DR went well and 284 patients thus far have been operated on with excellent results. Over 250 valves have been implanted in these patients. All these lives saved with your charitable support. Like Dulce, shown in photo above with nurse Joan Pascotto, whose sweet smile is worth a million dollars but needed a valvular replacement.
On this 10TH anniversary trip, Heart to Heart operated on 11 patients. The procedures were as follows:
- Triple valve replacement
- Resection of a 7.5 cm ascending aortic aneursym with reimplantation of both coronary arteries and replacement the the aortic valve.
- Aortic valve replacement with closure with pericardial patch of fistula to right atrium
- Aortic valve replacement with bypass
- Aortic valve replacement
- 2 Mitral valve replacements
- 1 Mitral valve repair
- 3 Coronary bypasses
- Most importantly the 11 patients are doing fine.
These are but few of the young patients whose lives you helped to save in the past ten years!
Without your continued generous help and that of 200 different volunteers this could NOT have been accomplished. All our volunteers do so with love, compassion and integrity. We give back because it is the right thing to do.